How to Apply
Roger Williams Medical Center accepts applications only through the national Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). Please click on the links below to begin the process.
- US medical students should contact their Dean's office or ERAS
- International medical graduates should contact the ECFMG
- For IMGs: Roger Williams sponsors J-1 visas only. We also unfortunately do not offer observerships or externships.
A complete ERAS application includes:
- Personal statement
- Dean's letter
- Three letters of support
- Passing USMLE scores (80 or higher on each step taken)
- Medical school transcript
- A recent photograph (optional)
All applicants must also register with the National Resident Matching Program
(Phone: 202-828-0566). Specific NRMP numbers for each specialty are listed on the Next Steps Page within each specialty.
- U.S. medical students should contact their Dean's office or ERAS.
- International medical graduates should contact the ECFMG. Roger Williams sponsors J-1 visas only. Otherwise, preference is given to International medical graduates who have:
- Graduated within the past five years.
- Scored 80 or higher on Step 1 and/or 2 on their first attempt.
- One year of U.S. clinical experience.
- ECFMG certification is required only by the time residency begins.
Application deadline is November 30, 2009
Department of Internal Medicine Residency
Barbara A. Oliveira
- Department of Internal Medicine
- Phone: (401) 456-2033
- Fax: (401) 456-6809
- Address: 825 Chalkstone Avenue, Providence, RI 02908